Fortnite developer Epic Games has prepared a new patch for the successful Battle Royal game. Update v11.40 is now available on all platforms and offers a new way to introduce some new weapons called “upgrade”.
With this new feature, you can now change the assault rifle to a non-competitive playlist on upgrade machines. In addition, Epic has reduced weapon upgrade materials while adding flint pistols, shock channel grenades and pulse grenades to the combat laboratory.
Update 11.40 also fixes a handful of bugs and other in-game issues. Among other things, Star Wars achievements reappear in the legacy timeline, and tracking progress has been corrected for some bus stops due to an issue that prevented the “Drive to different bus stops in one game” challenge. , The full patch notes are available at the bottom of the Epic website.
In addition to the V11.40 update, Epic has also announced a new series of skins for the game called Icon Series, the first of which is based on the popular Fortnite streamer Ninja. The skin will be paired with the Ninja’s Edge Back Bling, Ninja Style Emote, and Dual Katana Pickaxe on January 16 in the Fortnite in-game shop.
The first season of Fortnite Chapter 2 runs until February 6th. So there is still some time left to complete this season’s weekly challenges that you may not have seen before. If you need help cleaning up, check out our Fortnite Chapter 2 Challenges Roundup cards and scam guides.
Fortnite: Battle Royale v11.40 Patch Notes
- Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns.
- In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines.
- Added the following items to Battle Lab:
- Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
- Shockwave Grenade
- Impulse Grenade
- The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS.
- Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.